Here’s another quick update.
Hey guys. This is just an update regarding about what I said about me getting a new laptop. I’m not. I talked to my parents, and I decided that I am going to just build a gaming PC/Desktop instead as laptops are more expensive than desktops, and I would like to upgrade my PC with better parts if I need to.
And also, if you guys can believe it, it’s only 4 (just about 3) days left until Christmas! :)
Thats all I wanted to tell you guys. Bye.
Listening to Burn by @EllieGoulding
Just a quick few updates.
Hey everyone. I know I haven’t been posting on this blog lately. again, and I’m deeply sorry. Just been busy with things. So, here are a few quick updates letting you guys know what I have been up to and what I plan on doing in 2014.
1. I have been installing some games onto my PC, such as Fallout: New Vegas and Warframe, and I will be downloading & installing more games in the coming weeks, and if I run out of space on my internal hard drive, I will be installing them onto my external. I really want to get into gaming more, as I’m not that big of a gamer yet.
2. I am hoping that I will be able to build my own gaming computer in 2014, and I should hopefully be getting a much better laptop this Christmas or right after Christmas, such as an Alienware, and if the laptop is powerful enough I shouldn’t have to build my own gaming computer for a few years.
3. I am also excited for Fallout 4, as it is apparently in development. We should hopefully see a release for it in 2014. The Sims 4 is also in development and will be released in Fall of 2014, so we now have a generic release date for it. So it will either be released in October or November of next year, unless it suddenly get’s delayed. I will definitely be getting these games when they are released as I really love the Fallout series.
4. I have also been busy with school and the first semester is just about over. We will be going on Winter break on either the 19th or 20th of this month. I’m really excited for Winter break, as I will have two weeks off to play the games I will be installing.
Hopefully this explains the situation of why I haven’t been posting on here that much. And no, I don’t know if I will be able to post on here regularly. Although I do hope I will be able to post on this blog at least once a week. All depends on what I’m doing and other stuff like that.
Happy early holidays everyone. :D
Plenty of companies have tried to digitize the shopping catalog experience, to varying degrees of success. But, if anybody has a chance at truly capturing the pleasure of flipping through glossy pages filled with the latest…
“Plenty of companies have tried to digitize the shopping catalog experience, to varying degrees of success. But, if anybody has a chance at truly capturing the pleasure of flipping through glossy pages filled with the latest fashions and gadgets, it’s gotta be Flipboard. The app has already brought some of the joy of paging through magazines to tablets and phones, now it’s turned its eye towards commerce. Along with news, technology and sports, you’ll also now find a shopping category. Inside are catalogs assembled by the likes of Banana Republic, which can even be divided into smaller sub sections such as fall flannels, complete with giant red buttons that allow you to buy the products you see. But, Flipboard isn’t stopping with the traditional company catalog, it’s also delivering curated shopping experiences, built by celebrities and regular users. It’s a move that pushes it into much more direct competition with a service like Pinterest. An updated flip.it bookmarklet will let users clip products, complete with category and pricing details, and add them to a customized collection.”
Unconditionally by Katy Perry
shared from exfm
Coming soon: Version 2.2.5
- Native backup and restore.
- Fixed: Full book search wasn’t working in some books.
- Fixed: In some cases, Marvin would stop animating page turns and other UI elements.
- [iPhone] Fixed: Marvin remembers the last page of the “AA” menu. If the last page was the themes selector, Marvin dimmed the screen when opening “AA” a second time when it shouldn’t.
- Stability improvements.
Awesome! Can’t wait for this version to hit the App Store. <3
Marvin Free Edition for iPhone and iPod touch
Marvin Free is the free (lite) version of Marvin for iPhone and iPod touch. It has exactly all the features of the regular, paid version of Marvin with the following two limitations:
- The home and library screens will show a maximum of one book at time.
- You cannot make In-App Purchases.
Marvin Free exists for people who would like to try Marvin out before deciding that whether is the right eBook reader for them (I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised). Obviously, you can also stick to the free version if you mostly read on your iPads and only plan to keep one book on the go.
Remember, that Marvin for iPad is already fully-functional and free.
Q:Hey! How did you get your facebook post to embed on tumblr? When i tried it wouldn't render
Maybe the theme you are using doesn’t support it? Anyway, I just copied the embed code and it just worked.
Coming soon: Version 2.1.5
- Orientation lock in “Page” tab of reading “Aa” menu now applies to all in-book screens including the ToC, Deep View, Web Browser and the Image Viewer.
- In-book keyboard automatically switches to black or white based on the current colour theme for more comfortable night-time reading (iOS 7 only).
- [iPhone] New "Minimal home screen" setting (found in device settings app).
- Fix: Dropbox now recognises books with an upper or mixed case “.epub” extension.
- Uses theme pack colours for in-built dictionary accents (iOS 7 only).
- Added Optima as a font choice.
- Some UI updates and corrected some typos
- [iPhone] Moved moved theme store to the “General” settings tab (gear icon).
- Fix: When opening a book for the first time, Marvin inherits the text size of the previously opened one.
- EPUB compatibility improvements (includes fixes to respect page break before/after directives).
My favorite eBook reader is getting an update later today or tomorrow. I can’t wait!
Library management and the organiser
In this tutorial, we’ll have a look at how to perform the following tasks in Marvin:
- Organising your books in custom collections (folders).
- Viewing books in smart collections.
- Applying buik edits to groups of books.
- Applying actions to single books.
twitter service issue
At 20:49 UTC, our DNS provider experienced an issue in which it appears DNS records for various organizations were modified, including one of Twitter’s domains used for image serving, twimg.com. Viewing of images and photos was sporadically impacted. By 22:29 UTC, the original domain record for twimg.com was restored. No Twitter user information was affected by this incident.
Twitter confirmed an issue with twimg.com, the site that hosts nearly every aspect of twitter.com, including images and twitter.com’s CSS.